Job Title: Office and Events Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Type: Full-Time/Full Year position
The Office & Events Manager is an integral part of the organization’s management team and is responsible for all logistical aspects of the Association’s annual events and provides year-round administrative support and leadership in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Working across multiple departments, the ideal candidate is an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. We are looking for an experienced individual in handling a wide range of event and administrative tasks who is able to work independently with little or no supervision. The ideal candidate will have a high level of organization in their work scope. This person also has a passion for the arts, community engagement, and has experience working with non-profit organizations and events. This is a full-time position (40 hours a week) for one year with the option to pursue longer-term employment after the initial contract.
Must be able to work select evenings and weekends May to September. The work schedule is flexible and will allow for a 50/50 hybrid work environment with options to work from Festival offices or from home.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute yearly events of the organization including the Indian River Festival, coordinating the 2022 concert programmes, Harvest Soupfest, Midwinter Magic etc.
- Act as the staff lead on all festival and event logistics, sponsorships, ad sales, hospitality, artist relations, transportation, accommodations, rentals etc.
- Support and oversee support staff and volunteers including recruitment, orientation and training.
- Build and maintain ticketing, box office operations and reporting for all events of the Indian River Festival Association
- Assist with monitoring of ticket sales, reports and maintenance of ticketing system
- Maintain accurate box office accounting records and archives, compliance
- Effectively communicate with varied stakeholders regarding event logistics, providing high-quality customer service and troubleshooting as necessary
- Commitment to compliance with all insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations for the events of the organization including the outdoor pavilion
- Provide administrative support year-round for the association including assisting in implementing systems to improve and maintain daily operations ensuring organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide support in various administrative tasks including website maintenance, assisting in preparing final reports, assist in marketing and communications (as required) and general accounting tasks in support of the Association’s Bookkeeper
- Minimum of 1 year experience planning or working in events.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing staff or leadership volunteers.
- Proficiency in detail-oriented project management, working independently to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to provide leadership and demonstrate motivational and team building skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem solve, delegate, and follow-up
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.
- General understanding of technology and information management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse stakeholders and build community relationships.
- Experience with grants and/or high-level writing considered an asset
Eligibility: This project is funded by Skills PEI and the Graduate Mentorship Program. Applicants must be:
- Unemployed and a recent post secondary graduate within the last five years;
- Looking for full time employment;
- Legally authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizen or permanent resident);
- Other criteria may apply.
This position reports to and works closely alongside the Executive Director.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Lindsay Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is Friday February 4th, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
Only applicants that are selected for the interview process will be notified.
IRF is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principles of equity and diversity in employment. We encourage Indigenous people, Black and POC, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: Friday February 4th, 2022 at 5:00 pm.